Les Miles – “I don’t read books”

OK, way late on this considering it was from his Monday press conference (and thanks to TCL for the heads-up), but Leslie’s revelation seems to amuse everybody who’s seen it in online signatures of mine, so what the heck … enjoy.

Both comments and pings are currently closed.

6 Responses to “Les Miles – “I don’t read books””

1. HRH says:

Umm, Coach? What if it’s a football book?

2. HRH says:

With pictures?

3. John says:

And pop-ups.

4. tom brandon says:

Ken called it correctly back in May, ’08, when he used the term
    “huge potential for program disruption”;

I call dismissing a 5 star athlete (delusional, seriously??) for trivial infractions, “coaching malpractice”; I’d prefer RP tossing to TT any day to Lee throwing to Chris Mitchell or Brandon LaFell

Leslie doesn’t know how to utilize the talent he’s got; he’ll be lucky if Shepard and Loston don’t leave before they arrive.

5. Cap'n Ken says:

Tom – Without knowing exactly what went down with RP that got him kicked off, it’s hard for me to really lay blame there. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Leslie did handle the situation badly (from actually trying to get RP straight to dismissing him), but I don’t know that to be the case.

But, yeah, it’s the huge disruption I feared. I don’t get the feeling that Miles is just going to bench Lee and go with Jefferson as “the future” – he just seems too hard-headed for that. But Lee’s lost the confidence of the fans and I would imagine the team as well. Making Jefferson the guy for the rest of the season and then to start next season would be a good step toward stability.

6. TCL says:

And, um, I think that rather than looking to leave, Russell Shepard is looking at the Lee and Jefferson situation (what with the coaching staff apparently not having enough confidence in Jefferson to put him in when Lee goes 4-for-16 in a half) and saying, “shit, I’m starting next year.”

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!